My Girls

My Girls
They may look sweet and innocent...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lucky Mommy

Just finished feeding Elise, which was the first time since she ate right before she went to bed at 8 O'CLOCK! That's normal for her. She is an EXCELLENT sleeper. God, definitely realized how much I needed a good sleeper. After the not so fun pregnancy, I'm still trying to catch up on sleep! I found out I was pregnant because I was supposed to have my gall bladder out. The surgeon saw me for the first time on a Tuesday, and scheduled me for the next morning because she had a cancellation. So I went down to the lab for blood work about 20 minutes before they closed. When I got to the hospital at 9:30 the next morning, I don't think they even had my results yet. So I registered, they took me back to the "holding area", or whatever you want to call it, and started getting me ready. Just as the nurse was about to run my IV, another nurse came in and handed her a paper. She looked at it, and then looked up and asked, "Could you be pregnant?" I said," Well, yeah, I could be." She responded, "Well, we're not going to run this IV yet, because I think you are." And I was. About a week pregnant. Do you know how long a pregnancy seems when you know THAT early on?!


So because my gall bladder was bad to begin with, I had a "fun" pregnancy. I was nauseous 24/7. The whole time. To the point where if I didn't take Zofran, I was useless. Still had a few gall bladder attacks, but thankfully those were at a minimum. Then my liver enzymes decided to rise and bile salts built up under my skin and caused AWFUL itching. My OB had decided to do the c-section 2 weeks early because of the liver enzymes, but Elise decided she was coming a week before she was scheduled.


I started having contractions Thursday November 10th. But they weren't evenly spaced and were kind of erratic. So I wasn't certain that they were contractions. I just knew it wasn't Braxton Hicks because nothing helped. I was already scheduled for a non-stress test that day, so we just went in early. I wasn't dilated and the "cramps" weren't registering as contractions. So we went home. I just kept having these "cramps" and they got worse and worse. Finally early Saturday morning I told Brandon I couldn't take it anymore and I didn't care what they said, I was going back to the hospital. While we were getting ready to leave I lost my plug. Now we were convinced. And thank goodness so was the nurse who checked me out, because the stupid machine still wasn't registering them as contractions! But this time I was 2 cm. So after moving the stupid little monitor a thousand times to try and get them to register and finally getting a couple good ones, she called my doctor. Dr K had been there when we got there, so she already kind of knew what was going on. The nurse talked to Dr K at about 9:30 am, came in at about 9:50 and said "Well, we're doing this c-section at 11:15" So for the next hour about 3 nurses at a time were zooming in and out around me, getting everything they needed to done.


Skipping ahead to 12:22 pm, Elise Maxine joined the world at 6 lbs even and 19 in long <3


So for as much trouble as she gave me while she was still inside, she's a GREAT baby now that she's out.

1 comment:

  1. you know what they say "difficult pregnancy, easy baby":-) you are a perfect example!!

    ReplyDelete